muna_gw

Washer/Dryer closert stacking challenges

muna
10 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase the following Whirlpool Washer/Dryer:
YWED88HEAW
WFW96HEAW

Now, I plan to stack them in a closet. Where it gets tricky is that my closet is 37" (D) and 36" (W). Clearly, I will have to stack them. However, given that I only have 37" depth, I don't think I will be able to use the venting out the back. (The machine is 32.75" deep + 5" venting puts me over 37"). I thought about using a periscope vent, but I'm not convinced it's the best option to go

So now I'm trying to consider whether I can side vent the dryer. Leaving 2" room on the left for the water supply/drain, and 27" width for the dryer, that leaves me 7" of room on the right for the side vent.

That raises two questions:
1) Can I side vent the dryer myself? Is it involved? Or can the store do it for me before its delivered?
2) Is 7" enough room for a side vent? I can't find any details on how much the pipe will protrude from the side, and whether a short elbow gives me enough room (such as http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/4-Inch-90-Degree-Vent/4396006RW/1266644) I will need an elbow to take the vent pipe up towards the ceiling where it will attach to a dryer lint trap and a vent booster.

Would anyone happen to know whether this will work?

Thanks!

This post was edited by muna on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 23:55

Comments (3)