Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daamnx

LG vs. Kenmore

daamnx
16 years ago

We're considering the LG FL steam washer vs. the Kenmore top-of-the-line FL washer with steam dryer. We have heard issues with vibration of the LG on upper floor laundry rooms being an issue, as well as LG repair issues. Any input on their noise and steam wash cycle or Best Buy repair of LG?

We are also considering the new Kenmore FL washer with steam dryer- any input on Sears repairs or on this new model?

Between the two brands- including repairs and reliability- any concerns/praise?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• jimlaw
    16 years ago

check out the samsung with VRT especially if going upstairs

• rich1970
    16 years ago

I've got the WM2277 which has been repaired 6 times (currently on the 6th repair) in just over 2 years. Parts are a nightmare to get. Everytime it needs to be fixed, the parts are always on backorder.

Before you purchase the machine at Sears, ask the salesperson who is making it for Sears. If it is LG ... run ....

• kenmorewasher
    16 years ago

Kenmore HE5T washer and HE5 dryer.
    They are clones of the Whirlpool Duet 9400 washer and 9400 dryer.

• daamnx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the input- I am unsure which kenmore you had compared in consumer reports- also, concern about the repair issues with LG- anyone had any problems with LG as well? Thanks

• luvmylg
    16 years ago

If you search this forum enough (I suggest that you do) you will find folks that absolutely, unequivocally, not for all the money in the world would own another piece of "LG crap", "Whirlpool trash", "Bosch manure", and the list could go on and on.
    Fact of the matter is they had bad experiences and now every single machine made by that manufacturer is the same. (?)
    Every appliance in my house with the exception of the washer and dryer are Whirlpool and they have been flawless for 7+ years (knock on wood) lol.
    I replaced my Kenmore TL & dryer w/LG's. I loved the look, performance, features. The FL market is still relatively new here in the US and these models from ALL mftr's have improved over the years. There are some that seem to have inherent problems, there are some that seem to be on the repair bench more than others.
    I can tell you this though. I initially purchased the 2277 washer and dryer, I had good installers and during the spin cycle the machine was quiet as a mouse. Decided to upgrade a few weeks later to the 2487 both purchased from BB, this time had the installers from hell! The 2487 during the spin cycle sounded like a F5 tornado!
    Once I leveled it properly it was smooth sailing! Cant speak for the other machines as I dont own them, but if the LG is not leveled right it is a beast when it comes to vibration! Performance wise, the machine is a joy to own! Both steam options are remarkable! Very quiet, solidly built, and it goes without saying how gorgeous they are to look at.

• Blank User
    6 years ago

LG can make great looking and performing products (when they perform) however, they do have the worst warranties out there. They will inconvenience the consumer by ordering parts for a product before ever considering replacing it, even ifntheir warranty states after 4 repairs, they will replace... They will do their best not to. Not sure why, but they do

• re15t2
    6 years ago

I had a bad Kenmore refrigerator, that after two warranty repairs was replaced with a beat up refurbished unit. I got in contact with a regional Sears manager, and was offered a full refund and keep the refurbished unit, or store credit plus 25% off. I opted for the free fridge. Had a craftsman lawnmower that pooped out after 14 months, just out of warranty, and the store manager gave me 75% store credit on an exchange.

My experience with Sears is that they have excellent customer service and at a management level they are really interested in keeping customers. My concern is that there's no telling how much longer Sears will be in business.

• Blank User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I agree and that' why I'm holding on buying the Kenmore and warraty right now bc idk how long Sears will be around. Otherwise, I'd buy the Kenmore elite now questions asked

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida