Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlwingnugnut

Fisher Paykel GWL11 Problem

dlwingnugnut
9 years ago

I have run the diagnostic on my washing machine and lights 1 and 5 are on. I cannot find any information in regards to this online. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. Thank you.

Comments (3)

• dadoes
    9 years ago

Fault Code 136. (10001000) Phase 1 to 6 - Motor Stall
    The Motor Control Model has been unable to start the motor. Possible causes of this fault are: Faulty motor harness, faulty or jammed motor, seized bearings or seals, faulty Motor Control Module, faulty Rotor Position Sensor or harness.

Primary Source: Wiring
    Measure / check the rotor harness, connectors, and motor for discontinuity. This can be done by taking a resistance measurement between phases of the motor harness at the Motor Control Module end. Nominal resistance should be approximately 32 ohms for Phase 6 (GWL11).

Secondary Source: Motor
    1. Check free rotation of the agitator and inner drum by rotating by hand (note: the agitator will rotate with the drum, it can't move separately if there's no water in the tub). Bearings and seals may be seized.
    2. Visually check the Rotor Position Sensor and associated harness for water contamination, mechanical damage, or corrosion. (Note: Do not attempt to test the RPS for resistance readings. It should be tested only with a special electronic diagnostic tool.)

Tertiary Source: Motor Control Module
    If the primary and secondary checks pass inspection, then replace the Motor Control Module.

• debbie518
    9 years ago

Fisher Paykel GWL 10
    My washer is filling, trying to start agitating then the series of beeps with the #4 wash light and high water light flashing. In diagnostic mode, none of the wash progress lights light up. I can't find this pattern in the manual or on this sight. Any ideas? Tried lightening load, although there is not much in it.

This post was edited by debbie518 on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 14:35

• dadoes
    9 years ago

Any wash light (or the 2nd rinse light) + high water level light flashing indicates overloading and the machine unable to agitate properly ... which isn't necessarily caused by an overload of clothes.

The inner drum must float upward about 3/8" to disengage from the drive cog so the agitator can oscillate separately. Overloading is sensed by way of the extra inertial drag from the drum *not* having floated and oscillating with the agitator.

The drum settles back down on the drive cog to spin when the water drains, which is why the machine physically cannot spin until after the water is drained.

Check with no water or clothes if the drum can float by grabbing the rim of it with both hands at opposite sides and pulling upwards. It should slip upwards (and down) on the drive shaft about 3/8" without much effort.

If it doesn't slip up/down, then it may be stuck due to accumulation of lint and mineral deposits on the drive shaft and clutch cog. Fixing this requires disassembly to pull the inner drum for cleaning the residue.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm