Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pedestals/Platform on 2nd Floor?

Posted by ecf1216 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 19:23

My laundry room is on the second floor in my home, and my current (10-yr old, Kenmore HE3T) washer vibrates the whole house when it spins.

We will be replacing that washer, and i'm wondering if it will make matters better or worse (or have no impact) if we use pedestals or build a platform for the units.

We will likely reinforce the floor by screwing a 1" piece of plywood into the floor under the machine and then topping that with an anti-vibration mat of some sort (barn mat?).

I'd like to raise the washer and dryer so they are more convenient to use, but am ok with leaving them on the floor if that will make a difference.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pedestals/Platform on 2nd Floor?

I have the same question. My laundry room is currently on the main floor. I am thinking about moving it to the 2nd floor, as part of a bathroom remodel. All bedrooms are on the 2nd floor.

I currently have LG ultra-capacity, front-loading, high-efficiency w/d that I acquired a few years ago, 2nd-hand from relatives. I do not have pedestals or platforms for the w/d.

I read that vibration from high-powered washers can be a problem for a 2nd-floor installation; so I'd like to hear suggestions on how to handle this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here