Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charlie's Soap and Purex Crystals?

Posted by twebbz (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 19:12

I've started using Charlie's Soap and I think it's a fine detergent but I miss having a scent on towels and sheets.
What do you think about adding a small amount of Purex Crystals to the wash now that that product no longer contains a fabric softener?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charlie's Soap and Purex Crystals?

Sure give it a try.
There are also those scent pears by P&G from Downy and Gain.

o

The Purex Scent 'for baby' is also a nice, soft scent (I always use the lowest measured amount). The Gain Sweet Sizzle is also nice, but larsi said P&G has changed and ruined that scent.

o

I've done a couple of loads now. The lowest measure of the cap is about a tablespoon. I used just 1 & 1/2 teaspoons that I dissolved in hot water before adding it to the drum of my compact FL. Nice light scent. The Purex "Fresh Spring Waters" is similar to the scent of Method's "Fresh Air".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here