Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mice eating washing machine

Posted by bonebloodyidle (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 19:07

First pest issue, hope you lot can help me nip it in the bud. Putting my tools away in the shed after fixing the washing machine and there was a very big wasp casing the joint, I guess it must be a queen looking for somewhere to build a nest. Wherever she landed I just couldn't get the rolled up Sunday Express to give her a clatter. In the end I could hear her buzzing deep in the shed but couldn't see her. Any tips to stop her building a nest in there?

Second pest issue is why I was fixing the washing machine in the first place. Rodents have been nibbling holes in the pipes. I tried traps, no good. Put down heaps of poison, still no good, they are either avoiding it or are immune. Have a cat and he won't catch mice, only flies and spiders.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mice eating washing machine

I have read about rodents eating wires on Toyota vehicles, because the rubber coating was made with natural based instead of petroleum based products, but not ... pvc pipes.

However .... years (decades?) ago, friends of ours had a rat under the house. They did not know it until it chewed a hole into the plastic tub of their dishwasher. And, homeowners insurance does not cover "rodent damage."

This post was edited by Cavimum on Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 7:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here