Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjremodel

Need Help Choosing Washer-Dryer

rjremodel
10 years ago

We are rebuilding our house and I'm being asked to make a decision about appliances soon. This will be my first new washer and dryer in about 30 years.

Have read so many problems (odors, noise, wrecking clothes) with even the popular American brands like Whirlpool and Electrolux that I'm considering Miele Washer & Dryer even though they are much smaller

We do about 7 loads per week. Two are big loads (the sheets and duvet cover from a king-sized bed and the other is two sets of towels). Has anyone fit those size loads into the European sized Miele?

Mainly we wash smaller very separated loads (one light and one dark load of his very, very grubby work clothes, dark delicates, dark cottons, white/light delicates, white/light cottons).

Would love to have a handwash cycle for sweaters, silks, lingerie and athletic wear that currently have to wash in the sink). Is Miele (or any other brand) really kind to hand wash? Realize if I get a smaller unit I'll have to take comforter, blankets, pillows to laundromat, but that's only once or twice a year.

Seems like Miele is only brand that doesn't have complaints (DH cynically says that's because they're so expensive few have bought them or those who have bought don't do their own laundry!) Are there alternatives you can suggest? Are there American-brands or American sized brands that I should consider?

Thanks! Looking forward to your help.

Comments (2)