Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annasylvia13

Need your opinon on replacing broken dryer

anna13
13 years ago

I took delivery of a Kenmore dryer Model #69722 on June 10th which had nothing but good reviews. Used it for the first time and heard a continuous thumping sound so made a service call. On June 16th the tech told me that the problem was the seam on the drum and that he would order a new drum and replace it on June 22nd.

I did a load last night and 10 minutes into the dry cycle the machine stopped working and I smelt something like rubber burning. I tried to re-start the machine but it would not start at all, so at 10:00 pm last night I was hanging out the clothes on my outdoor clothes line, I was not a very happy camper LOL.

This morning I received a call from another tech advising that he was on his way and I told him about the new problem. When he took the machine apart I was told that the problem was not the drum but the motor which fell apart. Then he proceeded to take out the belt which was completely frayed which explained the burning smell.

The technician told me that he would do up his report and they would replace the motor and belt. I am not very happy that a brand new machine which is not even 2 weeks old has to have all this work done to it. What do you think my chances are for requesting that they replace this lemon with a brand new machine?

I honestly believe that the first tech did not know what he was doing and might have been responsible for the damage. When he took out the drum he was filing away at the seam, who knows he might have removed some of the coating from the drum which might cause rust down the line.

So, shall I fight tooth and nail for a new machine?

Thank you kindly for your time and responses.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022