Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Increased Water Level in W4840

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 17:33

I've done the setting in the firmware eons ago when this was posted.

Is there any other way to get more water into the Tub - just short of sticking a hose in the *soap* area and filling it myself...

Just now, did a custom cycle, very Hot.
All various Microfiber towels.
The towels soaked up most of the water and it's just swirling in the tub. I WOULD prefer more water in this mix. Towels are caked with car polish and stuff.

Any suggestions..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Increased Water Level in W4840

I've found the water levels are not adjusted for the custom cycles as they are for the programmed cycles. I too wash my vehicle microfibers in the Miele W4840, and before doing so I soak them in Biz, followed by washing them using Ecover Delicate Wash, in the Sanitize cycle with excellent results.

Because I bucket soak them, and even after wringing them a bit, they still retain water and Biz solution upon tossing them into the washer. There has not been a stain yet that I've not been able to remove. No fabric softener (but I'm sure you know this) and they come out soft; perfect for my next use.

o

Yeah. It depends how bad or not the batch is.

I might do a pre-soak with APC or some Citrus based stuff I have. Then it gets a quick drain/rinse in the laundry sink before I put it into the washer.

I do FEEL that MF branded cleaners may have a slight edge over a free-and-clear detergent. Besides, it's easy guesswork. 2 or 4 oz per load and then hand dry.

My issue with programmed cycles is the water heater. I like HOT washes and AFAIK, even with Hot on the programmed cycles, it uses the hot water and No Internal Heater...

o

It's somewhere buried here at GardenWeb, but I believe the heater kicks-in on the Hot and Sanitize, no matter what program is run on our model.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here