Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Is this a good washer/dryer combo?

Posted by shhhh (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 17:07

Hi!

I am in the market for a new washer/dryer. I saw a good deal on the Kenmore 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Steam Dryer - 8044 and the Kenmore 3.6 cu. ft. Front-Load Washing Machine w/ Steam. Both of these are currently available for $1307.

How are the reviews of these and is this a good price to buy them for?

Thanks for all your help!

Ash

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Is this a good washer/dryer combo?

If the washer is model 4044 it's a good machine. Basically an LG on the inside. We've had ours since April and it gets the clothes clean and is quiet.

We also got the matching gas dryer (without steam) and had them delivered for $1800 so I'd say that is a good deal. I think the washer was just under $900 and the drier was a hair over $900. We needed them ASAP so we paid.

But I think they are good machines.

o

Thanks for the feedback on the Kenmore wahser/dryer combo. Is this what they called a High Efficiency (HE) machine. I read all the specs. but did not find that mentioned anywhere.

Thanks

o

Yes, it's a HE machine. I think all front loaders are considered HE machines. I know it qualifies for a rebate from the utility company if yours has that program.

o

Thanks for the reply. I had one more follow-up question. I was reading somewhere a comment that some one had posted saying "Takes forever, if at all to balance out the load". Did you experience that as well?

Also, thanks for the tip regarding energy star rebate. I found one offered in our area for $70.

Thank you,
Ash.

o

I've not noticed it. Our laundry is in the basement and typically I throw the stuff in there, start the machine and walk away. Come back when I hear the ding, ding.

With our previous machines over 6 years we maybe had 1-2 instances where it couldn't balance the load. I've not had an instance with these where it couldn't.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here