Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung washer, automatic dispenser not draining water completely

Posted by hrhpri (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 16:27

Hello, we have had a Samsung frontloading washing machine for about six months now. From the beginning, the automatic dispenser where you put the detergent (we use liquid) has not completely drained water at the end of the cycle. At the end, we have to close the front door, open the automatic dispenser tray, and close it slowly so that it seems as though something has to align just so, and then the water is seem to drain into the main tub.

It seems like an alignment issue, or could there be some other reason why the automatic dispenser tray is not completely dry or drained at the end of the cycle. We are still under warranty and could check with Samsung or Lowe's, but I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else experienced something similar.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung washer, automatic dispenser not draining water comple

Is it water, or is it detergent (mine is yellow colored (All))? I have a little water left in the detergent dispenser. There is also a little of the blue softener left in the fabric softener dispenser....but not enough to be alarmed about. My bleach dispenser has a little water in it also when the load is finished. I know it is water because doesn't smell like bleach. My front loaders are Whirlpool. I would ask Samsung or Lowes before the warrany is over.

o
RE: Samsung washer, automatic dispenser not draining water comple

The manuals of my front loaders have always had a message that it is normal for some water to remain in the detergent dispenser after a wash cycle. In the user manual for the Samsung washer I downloaded from their support site, the same instructions are present. It sounds completely normal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here