Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installation Checklist Needed from Miele Users

Posted by chris03 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 15:53

My Miele 4842 and 9802 (without stands) are being delivered and installed tomorrow! What should I look for to be sure the installation is done properly and to get started on the right foot with the washer and dryer? I have learned a lot from you experienced users and wondered if you have any tips about things to check on before the technicians leave. Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installation Checklist Needed from Miele Users

Ensure the shipping struts are removed from the washer.

o

@ chris03

Ensure that the shipping struts are NOT removed until the machine is in your laundry room. Sometimes installers will remove them on the truck, and this is not a good practice. There are lots of bumps between the truck and your laundry room. Keep the struts in place until you are as close to the final location as possible.

Make sure that the machines are properly leveled. Ensure you see the installers use a bubble level and verify for yourself that the units are perfectly leveled before the installers leave. Miele says you should run a sanitary cycle before first use. Start that cycle before the installers leave to confirm the cycle is working. Install the units downstairs.

I hope you are using Miele authorized installers. If you are in the US, that will get you a 2nd year added to your warranty. If you bought any extended warranties, make sure it's a Miele extended warranty and not some third party excuse for a warranty.

o

Thanks to both for your tips. Sshrivastava, your specific points were very helpful, and yes, I had Miele authorized installers. Now I will hope for problem-free operation of both appliances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here