Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bancora

Please help me decide on a new washer and dryer set

bancora
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I love this forum and you all rock! I have been lurking for a while and learned a lot. But I'm still quite confused as to what brand of washer and dryer I should purchase. I am a bit of a laundry obsessed girl and this is the first time we are choosing our own appliances, as the house sellers are taking theirs with them. I am excited and very confused. After much much research I think I have narrowed it down to the Electrolux Wavetouch Washer (no steam), Electrolux Wavetouch Dryer (steam) OR Miele W4840 and T9800 (although I would consider the smaller models also, I just have to see them).

I have seriously read close to every post on the topic and am still a bit confused.

My 'must haves' are: the washer must get clothes very clean (I also use natural eco liquid detergent and fabric softener), it must be super gentle, must be a 'quality' brand that I can trust not to break often or ever, it must be FL. The dryer ideally should work well at de-wrinkling (I think I would like a reverse tumble option in the dryer). Size isn't that important since it's just me and my husband. They will be sitting on the main floor on laminate flooring, they don't have to be super quiet but also not shake the house.

I would love to hear from everyone but especially those of you who have had the above machines for at least 6 months.

Thank you so much!

Comments (4)