Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on washer/dryer/laundry room

Posted by richardtb (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 14:40

I have been reading the posts about washer and driers on the site, but I am still not sure what combination I should get.

We are doing a major remodel on a one-story condominium. So, we are going to build the laundry room from scratch, including picking a new floor. We are not all that concerned on water costs since we pay for those as part of our condominium fee. We are a family of three so we don�t need to wash all that many clothes.

What we are looking for is for a washer and drier that will last a long time. The reason for this is that we will make sure that the contractors installs it properly and that the washer and drier are of the right fit for the laundry room, and we don�t want to have to redo these things for a long time. So, if the most expensive washing machine is going to last longer, that is an investment we are willing to make. Of course, given that we are in a high-rise,
having a leak would be really bad. So, that is also something we would want to avoid!

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on washer/dryer/laundry room

Regarding a new laundry purchase, buying a Speed Queen set is the best investment you can make . They have been in the business for over 100 years and build the most reliable and best warranted products on the market. Whereas most manufacturers add expensive to replace bells and whistles to command ever increasing prices, Speed Queen builds simple to operate (and repair) machines for both homeowners and commercial buyers. As an added bonus, they are manufactured in the USA, providing jobs to American citizens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here