Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you get your adjustable bed sheets?

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 14:02

Anyone out there have an adjustable bed? Where do you get your sheets? We have twin xl sheets on it now, but they are a poor fit and the sheets come off the corners. Anyone have luck with sheets staying on the corners?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you get your adjustable bed sheets?

I've ordered from this place before:
http://custom.quality-time.com/home.php

It has been several years and can't remember the prices but they seem steep. As the sheets wear in the torso area, I stitch on a piece of muslin to get more mileage.

As far as your sheets coming off the corners, are they the deep sheets for thick mattresses? If not, you might try some as there would be more material under the mattress to compensate for the change in the mattress when you "adjust".

Another thought would be to get sets of alligator clips with elastic between them that you fit across the corners. This is the idea - not sure if these are for the corners but you'll understand what I mean.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14808086

Good luck.

o
RE: Where do you get your adjustable bed sheets?

I am using the Wamsutta Pinpoint 360 from BedBath&beyond. I was able to buy the sheets individually, so I was able to buy the 2 - twin extra long fitted sheets, and then the regular king top sheet and king pillowcases. BB&B was the ONLY store in Tulsa, OK that carried the twin x-long in individual sheets. In stock. I have never had the corners slip of the mattresses. Ever. The elastic around them is cheap, and not snug, but like I said, they have never slipped off the beds.
They are percale sheets though. I had always slept on sateen sheets so it was a HUGE change for me. For about a month and a half, I was miserable every night. I couldn't sleep on those scratchy, noisy, sandpaper sheets! I was near tears several times. They were the only sheets I had so I HAD to use them. But then one day, they were great. I don't know if it was me or the sheets, but one of us changed and now I love them and will never go back to sateen sheets again. By the way, I wash my sheets at least weekly and NEVER use fabric softener, yuk! They are also the only set of sheets we have for our bed. I hate folding sheets, so I like to just wash and them put them back on the bed. One day I will get a new set (hopefully get to try the sferra brand) and these will become my "emergency" sheets.
On a side note, I bought the mattress protectors at Dillards. They fit the mattresses perfect. The elastic around them is much better than the sheets by Wamsutta. And the best thing about the mattress protectors, they are MADE IN THE USA! The dillards website said they were imported, but the tags on both mattress pads stated they were made in the USA. I did buy them at the store since I was lucky they were in stock!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here