Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
diy work on ge harmony????

Posted by bookert (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 13:27

My approx. 7-8 yr. old Harmony is still operating, but is getting much louder for sure!
Trans. was replaced almost 2 years ago.
Pump was replaced about 3 years ago.
What could be causing the noise?
It sounds like the pump, but it's just my guess.
No grinding like when the trans. was going out.
I'd like to hang in there with this unit since I really like it. Water levels are fantastic! No heater, but that's the only negative.
Seems the new GE Harmony and it's clones, are Tier 111, and I'm not willing at this point to cave for the lower water usage.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Ummm..... I'm female, but am more than willing to do some DIY work if I can get some pretty clear directions.

Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: diy work on ge harmony????

Why the obsession with water levels? With the proper amount of detergent cleaning power will be the same or better. That's because it's more concentrated than with more water.

I know our FL's clean better than our old top loader and use less water.

When does it make the noise? Could be a bearing, a bad motor - all depends when it makes the noise.

o
RE: diy work on ge harmony????

itguy08,
IMO, not obsessing about water levels. I LIKE the levels I get with my older model is all. I know how the newer HE units work. (I"m on this forum way too much!)

The noise is during the water extraction. Sort of a loud vibration type noise if that makes sense.

My floor doesn't do too well with the FL as I tried that for a few years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here