Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squeaky Samsung Washer

Posted by scpalmetto (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 13:23

My Samsung FL, model 431AB, has started to squeak when the drum turns. It is a high pitched sound that is probably something rubbing. I know I have to call a repair person but wondered if others have had this issue. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squeaky Samsung Washer

Could it be the belt? Probably need a repair person.

o

I'll be interested to hear what you find out. I had the same problem with my Samsung dryer. I called out two different repair people. The first person fixed it by replacing a belt. It cost me about $325. Within 60 days, the problem occurred again. I called a different person out, because I was certain the first person had done the job incorrectly. The second person told me that he could fix it for about $400, but that it wouldn't be worth the time because it would just continue to occur. He suggested that I just kick it every time it squealed. The advice (aka trip fee) was $65 on the second time. The kicking solution has worked for the past year. But now the washer is squealing; unfortunately they are not at the same pitch, but also not quite in harmony. Needless to say, I just spend my morning look at new units.

o

LOL, my toes hurt just thinking about this method. My washer is 2 1/2 years old and this part is probably out of warranty but I'll call and ask anyway.

What are you looking at now?

o

hahaha! Well, it only took one toe kick for me to perfect a heel kick. My BIL saw this move "in action" one time and I think he is too sweet to have made the comparison between me and a mule. (although perhaps there are some similarities?!)
I am looking at a Speed Queen now, as well as a Miele because I have loved my other Miele products. It seems they each have their own cult following not this board. But I haven't really noticed a Samsung following..... ;)

o

LOL, I loved a samsung fridge which we replaced when we remodeled the kitchen but this w & d are going sooner rather than later. I have been reading up on SQ's also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here