Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lint and dog hair

Posted by amuller (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 10, 10 at 12:33

(I apologize if this question has been answered; the search feature doesn't seem to be working....)

Years ago we had a GE toploader--very robust machine, if not energy efficient--that ran a pump during the wash cycle, dumping water into a screened tray on top of the agitator, collecting debris. Guess I took this feature for granted.

Now, we have a household with dogs and dog hair. Are there any washers around that collect hair and lint from the washwater?

Thanks for any info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lint and dog hair

Ah, you are talking abut the GE Filter Flow machines. Those were the best for hair/lint removal ever.

Unfortunately, there is nothing on the market today like that. Sometimes you can find them used in good condition.

With the move to front loading machines, the dryer has taken on the task of pet hair/lint removal. And then you have to clean all the pet hair out of the front loaders drum before continuing on with your next load.

o

Both of my fls collect our lab's hair (which is corse and short)in the booth. Well , some of it. The rest is caught in dryer's screen.
I don't have hair left in the drum and barely any in bottom filters, so not much goes through the pump and in my drain.

o

I have 5 cats, 2 dogs and 3 rescue kittens. Hair is a huge problem here. I always have sticky rollers and re-fills, and have even offered to roll down company when they leave!!! It is a big bother, but after getting my F/L that does not have the place to clean out in the front like others do, i have a red pet hair mitt and also a shed brush that i use on my dogs. Anything with pet hair on it gets rubbed down with the mitt before going into washer. For pet beds and heavy covered hair things i use the shed brush to get as much hair off as i can. I even use the red mitt on our clothes if they need it before putting in washer. That way i don't worry too awful much about the washer, but it still makes me cringe. Gosh, the things we do for pets!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here