Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Method Laundry Detergent- I don't smell anything!

Posted by busta25 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 10 at 12:30

Hi all!

I usually use Gain HE detergent, but with the $2 coupon, combined with a sale at my grocery store ($5.49!), I decided to try Method. I bought both the fresh air scent and peony blossom scent. The one comment I read over and over about method is how great it smells and cleans, so I was excited to try it.

I like how it dispenses, and I like that it's eco friendly. I twisted off the caps of both scents, and I liked the way they smelled. The first time I used it, I washed some jeans that got muddy, and it cleaned very well.

My problem with it is I don't smell anything on my clothes with either scent. They just smell... wet. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? I though it might be the fabric softener, but right now, I'm using seventh generation free and clear, so I'm really at a loss.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Method Laundry Detergent- I don't smell anything!

If you are used to the strong smell of Gain then the Method may be too subtle for you. Method is a natural product, not full of nasty chemical stinky stuff. I use the Free and Clear because I don't want any smell at all, but I suspect the smell remaining on the clothes from the other scents is faint, as you might expect a natural scent to be. I like my wet clothes to smell - well, wet - but what I really care about is that they are clean and I don't need to mess around with multiple soaps and additives. For me, the Method does the trick.

Good luck with your laundry :)

o

I never though of that before, but it makes perfect sense. I certainly can't argue against method's cleaning power, either.

Thanks!

o

Thats so funny! I find the scent heavy so use half the unscented mixed with half the scented. I was using eco brands that had next to no scent so this was a step up in fragrance for me. I like my laundry to have a little fragrance but certainly not bowl anyone over. You can smell those people who use Bounce sheets from across a room. Many of the conventional fragrances can potentially be filled with unpleasant things like phthalates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here