Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch washer 2060, 20060?

Posted by egganddart49 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 12:20

We've got a 10 year old Bosch 2060, which has had a couple of repairs through the years, as has the dryer. So I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying a new Bosch, but the washer isn't working and probably needs a new motor. Space considerations mean we need a compact FL, preferably one that will stack with our Bosch dryer. It seems from what I've read that the ASKOs and Mieles are mechanically sound. I'd rather not spend that much, though I'd consider an ASKO if I felt it was clearly more reliable than our Bosch has been.

Of course, no appliance is guaranteed to be reliable. So what I'm wondering is, how have your experiences been with Bosch washers, particularly the 2060 or 20060? Did I just get lemons, or was our experience typical of Bosch washers/dryers, or typical of all compact FLs? If that's the case I'm inclined to go with another Bosch, since it's least expensive, and I know it'll stack with the dryer. If breakdowns and repairs are less common with ASKO or Miele, they might be cheaper, or at least less of a headache, in the long run.

We have a low end Miele DW and vacuum, and have never had any problems with them. But I've heard some negatives about Miele appliances too, and I'd hate to spend $1700 or so just to run into repairs there too.

Thanks for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch washer 2060, 20060?

I have a similar washer ( WFL2060) and love, love, love it. I bought one for my condo and used it for 2 years with absolutely no issues. I loved it so much I bought another one when I moved into my house. Absolutely no issues, as long as it's leveled properly. And I like that there are minimal electronics to get ruined.

For any more than 2 persons, you'll be doing a lot of small loads. But I do 2 loads per week (solo) and coupled with Persil detergent, it's a fabulous cleaning machine. Totally worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here