Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with Duet in mid-size front-loaders? Alternatives???

Posted by overhear (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 12:07

Hi All,

I am purchasing stackable front-loading washer and dryer for an upstairs laundry closet. Due to space constraints, I'm limited to mid-size models.

Given the positive reviews of Duet machines I was planning on buying the WFW9351Y washer and companion 8572546 steam dryer. But now I'm getting nervous because I've been reading that the smaller Duets aren't of the same quality as the large models.

Honestly, I don't even know if the models I picked (based on their dimensions, 27W x 30.5D) are Cabria or Sport models, which seem to have gotten the most criticism as it doesn't refer to them by name on the Whirlpool website.

Can any owners tell me how they like them?

Any alternatives???

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with Duet in mid-size front-loaders? Alternatives?

I have the Duet Sport HT set - about 5.5 years old. They have been flawless - no problems. Nothing fancy, but they have adequate cycles, a heater if I need it and my favorite part is the way the clothes come out of the washer so dry. Much better than the ancient laundry center they replaced.

I bought them partly because of space limits and partly because of the price - they were 1500 for the set - which was great at the time. I don't know what the prices are now - I hope I don't need to buy any for a while.

Many of the problems you read about are operator error - overloading, too much/wrong soap, not leaving the door open. I run a Clean Washer cycle every 2-3 months and I have no smell or yuck in the machine.

Good luck with your shopping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here