Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I remove perfume smells from sheet and from duffle bag

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 12:04

Have asthma. Almost all fragrance bothers me. Accident happened in husbands overnight bag and toiletry bag. Got free things that contained fragrance and something spilled. I tried wiping inside of bags with rubbing alcohol, also placing in the sun for a day, also placed a dish of baking soda in bag. This has irritating fragrance. Suggestions?

Also, people came to house who have extremely smelly perfume or deodorant. Smell lingered in a sheet. Tried washing it with my regular fragrance-free laundry detergent and fragrance-free fabric softener, tried soaking in vinegar, tried adding baking soda to the wash, after 3 or 4 washes still smells. Suggestions to remove fragrance? Please remember I can't use any products that have an added perfumy smell.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I remove perfume smells from sheet and from duffle bag

Sheets: Hang them outside in the sun for a few days.

Your husbands things may have perfume soaked into the lining. Buy new ones if it's that bad.

o
RE: How do I remove perfume smells from sheet and from duffle bag

I think Vaska has a fragrance free detergent that should remove the odors. It works for me and my smelly yard clothes. Plus when your clothes are dried after using Vaska, they just smell clean like fabric with no fragrances at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here