Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone familiar with Maytag Centennial Series?

Posted by no-green-thumb (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 11:52

Last year my children purchased a Maytag Centennial dryer for me. It is a very basic dryer - and given that there are now just two of us and I do not put anything in the dryer besides towels and sheets and such, it is just fine.
I realize this is not on the "high end" - but it works!
Now I am in the market for a washing machine. The Centennial series has two - both top loaders - one is with an agitator, one without. I am almost thinking I prefer the agitator.
I had read many reviews - and although I know you can't believe all you read - they are all over the place - from love, love to hate, hate.
I thought I would ask here if anyone has one of the Centennial washers.
I realize nothing is made like it used to be, so I am prepared for that. My current washer is probably close to 20 years old.
Thank you for any advice you can give me.
Enjoy your day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone familiar with Maytag Centennial Series?

Centennial is a marketing term that doesn't mean much. Citing the model number of the machine of consideration will get you more information.

All Maytag laundry machines are manufactured by Whirlpool now, they bought the Maytag company in 2006 and segued Maytag-branded machines off Maytag mechanicals to Whirlpool mechanicals over the following couple of years.

o

Let me try this posting the actual washer. Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag Washer

o

Let me try this posting the actual washer. Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag Washer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here