Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Persil vs. Mexican Ariel

Posted by tennblondie78 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 11:50

I am currently using Mexican Ariel Doble Poder. I am EXTREMELY interested in using Persil because I have read nearly everyone on here write about how much they love it. Can anyone here give insight as to how Persil compares with the Mexican version of Ariel? I do not care for the smell of the Mex. Ariel, but I do love the clean I get from phosphated detergent. I love scented clothes, so the smell of Persil is a plus. Is it really as good as everyone says? I will gladly take out a bank loan to buy it (haha!), just wish we could get samples here in the US like they can in Germany. First time poster, BTW. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Persil vs. Mexican Ariel

Welcome!

"I do love the clean I get from phosphated detergent"

Phosphates were removed from German detergents some 30 years ago. Only dishwasher detergents still have them here. That being said, Persil is a very good cleaner esp. for whites in warm to hot water. Maybe here's a Miele store somewhere near you and they might have a small size for you to try out(?)

Alex

o

Thanks for the response. :) I knew Persil didn't have phosphates in it, which is one of the main reasons I was asking about it compared to the Mexican version of Ariel, which does contain phosphates. There isn't a Miele store near here, I may bite the bullet and buy a 5 load box of Persil sometime to try before I make a major commitment.

o

For what it's worth, I recently bought (Eastern) European Ariel Color powder and Persil powder (I live in a town with a large Polish population and there are several stores in town that carry a vast array of European goods). I use the Ariel powder for my dark towels and duvet covers and Persil for whites, mostly in hot or sanitary cycles. I think Persil cleans wonderfully. Ariel does a very good job too but I noticed it leaves my laundry pretty stiff. No noticeable stiffness with Persil. I also like the scent of Persil better than Ariel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out my laundry stash ;-)

o

izeve, you have an impressive stash! The Mexican version of Ariel doesn't seem to leave my clothes stiff. I just always like to try new things, and Persil seems to have a cult following.

o

I LOVE Persil, but at 5 times the price of Sears Ultra Plus HE, I just cant justify it. It works even better with some STPP added, but of course that drives the price even higher. I get quite adequate results from the Sears detergent These past 5 years..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here