o
Which washer & dryer should I choose?

Posted by andy123 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 20, 10 at 11:36

I need help.

Which W+D models should I purchase?

My requirements:

*Energy Star washer

*Large Capacity for queen-size comforter.

*HE water level override option...I want to be able to control water level if desired.

*Top-loading washer

I was looking at Fisher Paykel, but I am not sure if all the washer models offer an override option that allow you to control water levels if you desire more water for very soiled laundry. I think the AquaSmart models have that option but I don't know about the EcoSmart. I really liked the Maytag Bravos until I found out you can't override the HE mode which would drive me nuts. I also read the Bravos can be pretty rough on clothes....but who knows...I am a confused shopper.

As for the dryer...
*Won't fry your clothes.
*Large Capacity.
*Electric

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fisher Paykel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which washer & dryer should I choose?

Double post

Here is a link that might be useful: Double post

o

Your requirements:

*Energy Star washer

*Large Capacity for queen-size comforter.

*HE water level override option...I want to be able to control water level if desired.

*Top-loading washer

I highly recommend Maytag Bravos washer/dryer, which meets all your requirements. I bought a set two years ago, and they are the very best I've ever had. My washer holds a king -sized comforter, and the more current models are even bigger. Mine is 4.6 cu ft -- current models are 5 ft.

o

If you look at some of the older posts this question has been asked numerous times.
You probably have done your research and are now more confused than when you started. Don't worry this happens to everyone.

The way I would choose a washer is determine first how much money do you want to spend?

Then look at how you use your current washer? What cycles and features do you use?

Now go and look at washers and dryers. Look carefully at each one to make sure it has the cycles and features you want. For instance, some FL units don't have a rinse/spin option.

Some washers "dumb down" the water temperature as it enters the machine.

This should make your shopping much easier.

o

Some washers "dumb down" the water temperature as it enters the machine.

This is true. For this reason, I advise anyone buying a new washer to buy one with an onboard water heater if they want to be able to wash laundry in true hot water (140 F).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here