o
Washer & Dryer

Posted by andy123 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 20, 10 at 11:09

I need help.

Which W+D models should I purchase?

My requirements:

*Energy Star washer

*Large Capacity for queen-size comforter.

*HE water level override option...I want to be able to control water level if desired.

*Top-loading washer

I was looking at Fisher Paykel, but I am not sure if all the washer models offer an override option that allow you to control water levels if you desire more water for very soiled laundry. I think the AquaSmart models have that option but I don't know about the EcoSmart. I really liked the Maytag Bravos until I found out you can't override the HE mode which would drive me nuts. I also read the Bravos can be pretty rough on clothes....but who knows...I am a confused shopper.

As for the dryer...
*Won't fry your clothes.
*Large Capacity.
*Electric

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fisher Paykel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washer & Dryer

You have a double post.

Can't help you with the washer(s) you are listing, but on the newer dryers you have to use the settings. You will fry your clothes if you don't use the permanent press cycle for your polo shirts. They will also set in some serious wrinkles.

As far as your queen comforter, take it to the store. That way you can see if it will fit any of the machines listed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Same post

o

Top Loader? Why? Go front loader and be done with it. Top loaders will be all but gone in the next few years. Don't get stuck with something that will be hard to find parts for down the road.

o

Whirlpool makes a top load washer that you can still select water levels with. I am told it performs very well. However, I don't think you'll get a queen comforter in it.

I don't necessarily agree with simply going with a front loader either. I haven't been all that enamored with them, myself, for the past 13 years. I'm going back to a top loader. I don't buy that they will all be gone in a few years. That's what some salespeople will tell you because they want you to buy a $1200 or $2000 machine rather than a $400 one.

It seems some front load parts are hard to come by. I know someone with a Samsung that said she had to wait a month for a part.

Sandy

o

I have always had good luck with Whirlpool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here