Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monkeymo_gw

Laundyr room layout (cont' recessed lighting) Pic

monkeymo
13 years ago

I wanted to post my laundry room layout so I started a new thread. I have gone from 6 recessed lights to 4. The placement is staggered because this would give the best coverage of lighting I think. I think they will be 6" canned lights.

All cabinets have been ordered and are sitting in house so not much can change. The space to the left of the bathroom door was originally going to be pet center (store dog food, etc), but I needed some way of staging for wash (spot treating) and for hanging and folding (I generally fold right out of dryer) so we left that space open to put one of those chrome rolling laundry baskets with hanging rod. Because of that the area to the right of the machines will have to pull double duty as pet station.

Machine wall has a tall pantry cabinet then the fl washer, then fl dryer, then counter space...so there was no place to set the basket when loading the washer (hence the rolling basket). We also did not put a cabinet over sink to leave it open, but am thinking we might want to or perhaps we could just do some open shelves with plants. I mean what kind of stuff would need to go in a cabinet there?

I wasn't so sure about having the sink across from washer and dryer but it was the best way to get more counter space on the machine wall. We only use the current laundry sink in basement for washing brushes, etc not for anything laundry related really so I think that will be okay.

Any thoughts on layout or ideas for over sink, on lighting, etc would be great.

Here is the layout:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida