Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrstnamarie

Iron Stains on White Clothing

chrstnamarie
9 years ago

It seems our water softener was not working properly last week. I started to get a metallic smell in the master shower, so I call to have the water tested. Not even thinking, the night before they came I did my daughters laundry, and put it straight in the dryer.

Long story short we realized there was a leak in one of the hoses, so the backwash was not performing correctly and, therefore, we probably had some iron slippage.

That night I went to fold my daughters laundry and found her favorite all white, non-100% cotton dress completely rust stained. I didn't think any of the other whites were stained, until she wore a black and white striped shirt out in the sun yesterday and it was definitely tinged yellow (but looked bright white under the house lights).

So, my question is - is there any hope for her dress and other whites that were in that load since I already put through the dryer? I have Iron Out and was planning on soaking them once they come back out and assure me my softener is working properly.

TIA!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville