Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fisher and paykel washer will not start

Posted by kenneth2 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 28, 09 at 7:29

my fisher and paykel has no power. i checked the plug, there is power there. i unplugged and reset no luck. I tried hoding the temp down button and hirring power no luck. it is as if it is not plugged in any ideas? the model is gwl10u2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fisher and paykel washer will not start

The pump on a GWL10 is part of the machine's internal power circuit. A bad pump will prevent it from powering-up. A leaking pump that has the windings damaged, gone to high resistance, can also kill the controller board. Get under the machine, remove the pump (no tools needed, pull the wires, find a white plastic latch on the metal mounting plate, hold the latch and rotate the pump body counterclockwise to remove it from the plate). Examine the pump for signs of leaking, and/or darkening or corrosion on the windings (pull off the plastic cover for a better view). Check the pump with a volt-ohm meter, it should read 33 ohms. If not, replace it (www.searspartsdirect.com). (Lube the rubber seal face on the pump with liquid hand soap or dishwashing detergent when reattaching it.) If the machine is still dead with a new pump, then the controller board will need to be replaced, which is considerably more expensive, so you need to decide up-front if you want to go the distance with the repair. Sears may allow return of the pump, you might check on that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here