Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what happened to the spin cycle?

Posted by kateskouros (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 2:46

i've been using my bosch vision 500 w/d stack set for a few months now and really love it. no problems. well, not really. today i threw my son's jacket in the wash (nothing else, just the jacket) and when the cycle was finished i went to toss it into the dryer but it was soaking wet. i wasn't in the house when the machine was on so i'm not entirely sure it went through a spin cycle or not. i put it through again but, same thing. i had to ring the coat out and hang it in the garage to dry out a bit before throwing it into the dryer.

the jacket while on the heavy side, is definitely not heavier than a standard full load. any idea why this would happen? the machine still functions well, as i did a couple of loads afterwards. just very curious.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what happened to the spin cycle?

With just one item, the washer probably couldn't balance the load and never went into the spin cycle. Even if the item is not very heavy, it is still just one item so there isn't anything else to counterbalance it. Next time, wash another item or two with the jacket and see if that helps.

o
RE: what happened to the spin cycle?

I have the Bosch nexxt and so have the same problem if I want to wash one item.
I hate it that the machine does not have a spin only cycle
I end up having to throw in some clean hand towels to balance the load and then I usually run the shortest cycle on my machine which is refresh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here