Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you love your 24-inch stackable W/D, please tell me about them

Posted by SusanCF (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 2:12

We have a very small closet, about 28" wide, in which we need to stack a 24" washer and a gas dryer. This will be a rental, so we want something very reliable and easy to use. Any recommendations? We originally had 27" units in there, but almost immediately realized the space was too cramped for them and now we are looking for a better solution.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you love your 24-inch stackable W/D, please tell me about

AjMadison has 30 dryers in 24 inch but they're all electric...

o

I don't think I've seen a 24" gas dryer. I think that factor alone will limit your choices. Do you have a 240v outlet or a standard plug in your laundry area? Do you prefer a gas dryer?

o

Whirlpool and GE both offer unitized 24-inch wide washer-dryers that use gas for the dryer. Reviews for both machines are readily available online from various sites.

Another option is to use a portable dryer that runs on 120V. Drying times will be longer, but if you have an outside vent it will still beat indoor rack drying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here