Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stackable washer/dryer recommendations?

Posted by remodel-mama (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 2:07

Hi all,

Our washing machine recently started to leak and sounds like a B-52 bomber during the spin cycle. We called the repair guy and he said that it doesn't make sense to fix it - that it's time for a new washer. Since the dryer is as old as the washer (8-9 years old), we are thinking of replacing both.

We are a family of 4 - with 2 young boys who play sports and get their clothes pretty dirty. We currently have a 3.1 capacity Kenmore front loader, with a dryer stacked on top. Given the layout of our laundry room, we need to have this sort of stackable setup again.

We are thinking we should buy a larger capacity machine - maybe 3.5 (?), but are not looking for anything super fancy and would like to keep the price down as low as possible.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know Bosch makes good dishwashers - anyone out there have experience with their washer/dryers? I found these on AJ Madison website:

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/WFVC4400UC.html?infoview=reviews#tabs

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/WTVC4500UC.html

Or maybe LG or Samsung? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stackable washer/dryer recommendations?

I just ordered the Bosch from AJ Madison...Im having them delivered in August though. If you are going for the Bosch...get the 500 series instead as they are a higher model and cheaper after rebates (washer was $512 and dryer $636 after rebates). They do charge $125 for installation of the washer and dryer if that is something you need. This is my first order from AJ Madison, so I can't comment on the service they provde.

o

I just called AJ Madison. They told me that Bosch is going out of 27 inch laundry & the prices are very good right now. They also told me that Bosch laundry won a few awards for the washer & dryer for being Water Efficient.

If you decide that you want to get Bosch, I suggest you act quick.

They deliver all over.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch Washer & Dryers

o

Did you call AJ Madison, or do you work there?? :D

http://www.applianceauthority.com/

o

I have a large Whirlpool Duet w/d stacked in my second floor laundry room and it shakes quite a bit. I understand the Samsungs are better but I'd do a little research before I buy anything.

o

I have LG washer and dryer stacked. The washing machine is WM2301 with 4.2CF capacity and an internal heater but otherwise it has no fancy features like steam, etc. I am very pleased with this set. I owned 3 other front loaders before and this is by far the best of them. The FL I owned most recently was Whirlpool Duet Sport without a heater which was still working fine after 4 years of ownership but I decided to upgrate to LG FL with a heater. The LG is a lot more stable, has bigger capacity and the internal heater makes a huge difference in washing ability.
I paid $1K for the pair on a great black Friday special at Best Buy.

o

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it!

o

If you're still looking, LG makes a pretty decent 3.6 CF frontloading washer dryer combo. It basically washes and dries in the same tub. There are some good deals around for this model online, and from the user reviews, it seems to be a pretty well liked unit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stackable Washer Dryer Reviews

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here