Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rima_wa

Moving Bosch washer/dryer

rima_wa
9 years ago

I am buying a used Bosch Axxis set, washer WAS24460UC and dryer WTE86300US.

My Miele washer has rods that you are supposed to re-insert if you move the washer.

Is there anything special that needs to be done for these Bosch units for transport? I sense that the current owner does not know much about them, so he is not a good source.

Thanks

Comments (8)

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

Go to Bosch's homepage and download the installation manual for the washer. There are shipping bolts that should be inserted before moving it.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: Try this link

• rima_wa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you, I will talk to the seller to make sure they have them.

If they do not, what do you think my options are? We need to move this about 20 blocks to our house and will be putting them in the back of our minivan with a refrigerator dolly and a ramp.

Rima

• aamassther
    9 years ago

If the seller didn't keep them. Call or email Bosch parts. They should be able to send you the transport bolts.

• rima_wa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks, I'll do that. I was hoping there was some way to rig it to be OK for a short ride. Waiting to hear from the seller if they have the locks or not. I suppose if I don't hear by mid day tomorrow I'll just call bosch and get some sent. We're supposed to pick them up this weekend, but I don't see why it couldn't wait for these parts.

I do know that the seller has already installed a bigger W&D set. I hope they put in the locks before moving them. If they did not, should we pass on this deal? ($500 for the set, only 3 ish years old.)

• rima_wa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Further update - the seller says the locks are not in the washer. It was moved from a basement up to a garage.

I am willing to buy the locks (about $7 each for 4) before we move the set to our house, but I just wonder what the likelihood is that the washer is damaged now, or will break down on us quickly.

I appreciate any thoughts on this. I may also contact Bosch tomorrow for their two cents (which I'll post back about if I do.)

Thank you for all the help.

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

When I installed the pedestal on my Duet, I didn't bother putting the bolts back in - I just laid it carefully on its back. Moving the washer from the basement to the garage probably didn't do any harm to the washer as longs as it wasn't dropped down the stairs...

Shipping bolts are really supposed to protect the washer while being transported from the factory to wherever with the truck driving over speed bumps, potholes and so forth.

Alex

• jakvis
    9 years ago

If you are carefull you don't need the shipping bolts.
    Just make sure you keep the machines upright while taking them the 20 blocks. Laying them down is a No No.

• rima_wa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I confirmed what you said, Alex, with Bosch customer service. They agree that carrying the washer up the stairs should be OK as long as was not dropped or knocked about.

I have ordered the shipping locks from Bosch (about $7 apiece, 4 needed) - the seller has agreed to hold the appliances for us til they arrive.

Will report back if we find any issues but I think we are set. Thank you all for the support here.