Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gin_gin

Duet washer repair woes

gin_gin
10 years ago

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, WFW9500TW01, a few months shy of 5 years old.

Last month it started throwing error codes and shutting down mid cycle. I'm getting F25 & F17. (F17 doesn't exist according to Whirlpool, so nobody seems to know what it means, and googling revealed nothing.)

Of course it's long out of warranty, but I decided it's worth repairing. The first repair guy thought it was the motor control unit. When he came back and installed it, it of course didn't fix the machine. A 2nd repair guy from the same company was called out. 2nd guy thinks it's the motor. 2 more weeks have gone by, apparently the motor is back ordered.

I can sort of get the machine to work with small loads. It will do the wash part of the cycle, and even the first spin. It will fill for the 1st rinse, and then it beeps, flashes F25, or sometimes F17, and quits. I can then turn it to drain/spin and sometimes it will spin & sometimes it won't.

I'm just wondering if any experts here can give me an opinion on if you think they're on the right track with the motor. It's been almost 5 weeks since this started, so if this next repair doesn't fix it I'm going to be a wee bit annoyed.

Thanks,
Gin

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH