Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag gas-vented laundry center a good choice?

Posted by studio460 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 0:35

Back to square-one. We're returning our 24" LG combo washer/dryer unit due to overly long drying times due to its unvented, 120VAC condenser dryer, and moving back to a gas-vented dryer. I'm now looking at a Maytag gas-vented laundry center model: MGT3800XW.

Since no one makes a compact gas dryer, I turned to this $1,499 Maytag "unitized" laundry center unit. I'm sure Speed Queen laundry centers are far better-built, but much pricier, and I'm just not a fan of their odd-window shapes.

So, does anyone have one of these Maytag units? I know that in another thread, laundry centers were considered a poor choice. But of the few reviews found, most were complimentary of the product's overall performance; though, a few reviewers remarked that they were noisy. As usual, at least one reviewer was utterly unsatisfied. Does anyone know if this machine better than perhaps other similar models?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag gas-vented laundry center a good choice?

Nevermind . . . it's too deep; won't fit.

o
RE: Maytag gas-vented laundry center a good choice?

Someone just told me to consider a laundry center but I don't see the point unless it's completely a space and/or cost thing - we have space for either a laundry center or stacked washer/dryer, gas vented, and the laundry centers can be $1100-$1500 (except speed queen which is $2500 or so), versus say a Frigidaire stacked unit for around $2000. I'm concerned about the washer capacity being so relatively small and also keep hearing that front loading washers are so much more energy efficient, and I'm trying to go the greener route (within reason). Any thoughts?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here