Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung front loader won't spin error message 'nd'

Posted by Eyegirlie (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 0:02

This is the model we have: 3.9 cu. ft. VRT�, Steam & PowerFoam� Front Load Washer WF461ABP

We've had it for about 8 months and never had any problems. Tonight it stopped mid cycle and displayed that error message. I look it up and it says it could be a problem with the drain needing cleaned so we drain all the water out via the little tube on the front and then clean everything and put it back together. Then...the same thing happens, only this time the door wouldn't unlock. So...we drained it again and I cleaned as far back as I could get. The hoses in the back look fine (they haven't been touched). Is our only other option to try and get it serviced? Any other ideas? I tried to initiate a spin only cycle and it just won't go.
Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung front loader won't spin error message 'nd'

Don't know if it affects drainage but did you check the screens on your intake hoses? Could there be sand etc. blocking the flow of water affecting the draining in mid cycle. Do you have the hoses that shut off if they detect water leakage? Apparently they will not work if you turn them on too fast. I ask this because in some cycles the machine is draining and spraying water at the same time. Maybe it has to sense both the inflow and outflow to rinse and spin?

Unless you have been doing some kind of home adjustments, call the Samsung number that is inside the unit. Maybe they can give you an easy fix. Also, isn't it under warranty?

Hope you get your machine up and running with a minimal of fuss.

o
RE: Samsung front loader won't spin error message 'nd'

Thanks for the suggestion. My husband went by best buy this morning (where we bought them) and they think the drain pump went out...makes me wonder if this happens a lot. They've ordered the part and are sending someone to fix it hopefully Friday. Luckily my in laws live close by and we will be using their washer in the meantime! And yes, it's still under warranty. It's just aggrevating for things to go wrong on something so soon you spend so much money on!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here