Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pedestals...are they interchangeable?

Posted by wallycat (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 23:32

I have a Kennmore He4t washer that is going to need replacing.
I'm looking to get an LG front loader...wondering if these specifically can be interchanged.
If anyone knows how to tell or figure it out, please post.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pedestals...are they interchangeable?

No, they are not interchangeable.

o

georgect: Since the HE4T was made by Whirlpool,would it be possible to swap it out for a new WP Duet and it fit the pedestal of the HE4T?

o

I don't think so.
I Googled images of both pedestals and while they are similar, there are some differences.
The Kenmore HE4t pedestal has an arced added lip in front and has 4 circular rings in the corners.

The Whirlpool Duet is square in front and four rectangle pads in each corner.

This is done on purpose so you can't mix and match like brands.

If you wind up purchasing new pedestals, try ebay or amazon for a good price.

o

Thanks for the reply; not gonna get a whirlpool.
The top one looks more like our he4t pedestal; interesting.

OK, since I don't care about pedestals....maybe DH can just put a slab-o-board and set it on that. It is meant to sit on flooring, and maybe that will be enough.
Appreciate your responses very much!

o

These black things are just spacer pads to prevent the washer or dryer from sitting on the pedestal itself and vibrate. The important parts are those four metal thingies where the appliance is attaches to. The lip is cosmetic - and stupid imo.

To the OP: there are plenty of videos how to make pedestals on YouTube.

Alex

o

Making your own platform in lieu of buying brand dedicated pedestals is the most cost effective way to solve the problem. Several of my friends' husbands built theirs.

o

Thanks again. Except for the space/drawer that the pedestal offers, I don't get the fear of bending a little (for most people). I exercise daily; this will be just part of it ;-)

I truly appreciate the feedback. DH is still considering getting a board and once the old machine is out, just needs to figure out how to attach it to the old pedestal. We'll try it on the floor first and if that works, we'll just leave it.

o

Maybe consider something along these lines: Whirlpool pedestal + Samsung washer.

http://youtu.be/Q-MmgD4454w

o

Whirlpool_trainee, THANK YOU! That was a great video and really helped DH. The guy yakked way more than he needed to but the outcome was very helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here