Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wallycat

Pedestals...are they interchangeable?

wallycat
9 years ago

I have a Kennmore He4t washer that is going to need replacing.
I'm looking to get an LG front loader...wondering if these specifically can be interchanged.
If anyone knows how to tell or figure it out, please post.

Comments (14)

• georgect
    9 years ago

No, they are not interchangeable.

• sparky823
    9 years ago

georgect: Since the HE4T was made by Whirlpool,would it be possible to swap it out for a new WP Duet and it fit the pedestal of the HE4T?

• georgect
    9 years ago

I don't think so.
    I Googled images of both pedestals and while they are similar, there are some differences.
    The Kenmore HE4t pedestal has an arced added lip in front and has 4 circular rings in the corners.

The Whirlpool Duet is square in front and four rectangle pads in each corner.

This is done on purpose so you can't mix and match like brands.

If you wind up purchasing new pedestals, try ebay or amazon for a good price.

• wallycat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the reply; not gonna get a whirlpool.
    The top one looks more like our he4t pedestal; interesting.

OK, since I don't care about pedestals....maybe DH can just put a slab-o-board and set it on that. It is meant to sit on flooring, and maybe that will be enough.
    Appreciate your responses very much!

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

These black things are just spacer pads to prevent the washer or dryer from sitting on the pedestal itself and vibrate. The important parts are those four metal thingies where the appliance is attaches to. The lip is cosmetic - and stupid imo.

To the OP: there are plenty of videos how to make pedestals on YouTube.

Alex

• Cavimum
    9 years ago

Making your own platform in lieu of buying brand dedicated pedestals is the most cost effective way to solve the problem. Several of my friends' husbands built theirs.

• wallycat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again. Except for the space/drawer that the pedestal offers, I don't get the fear of bending a little (for most people). I exercise daily; this will be just part of it ;-)

I truly appreciate the feedback. DH is still considering getting a board and once the old machine is out, just needs to figure out how to attach it to the old pedestal. We'll try it on the floor first and if that works, we'll just leave it.

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

Maybe consider something along these lines: Whirlpool pedestal + Samsung washer.

http://youtu.be/Q-MmgD4454w

• wallycat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Whirlpool_trainee, THANK YOU! That was a great video and really helped DH. The guy yakked way more than he needed to but the outcome was very helpful.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Isn't that risky??

• Helen
    6 years ago

I am looking to buy a new LG front loader washer to replace my 9 year old one. Does anyone know if my old pedestal will fit the new one?

• HU-22228386
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I don't know about others but my pedestals had the option to not use the feet of the washer to hold it to the drawer, but rather removed those feet and then it used 4 screws that went into the frame, I noticed on georgetc pics both those had the very same shiny screw slots. so I would look at that instead. as it looks like that is standard. oh and the fact that whirlpool actually makes like80% of the machines out there. just rebranded