Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG, Whirlpool, GE

Posted by gabethan (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 21:45

Hi All,

Any recommendations on a front loading washer/dryer?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG, Whirlpool, GE

If I had to buy a new one tomorrow I would get an LG or a Kenmore that is made by LG. Go to reviewed.com and read about those--they tell the differences between the two.

I like the fact that they have jets to circulate water and spray the clothes making sure everything gets wet. Other models may have this also, not sure. I believe I have read Frigidaire recirculates also.

o

Electrolux Wave Touch (70 Series) does an amazing job at saturating clothes, and the rinses are pretty good. Options include 'Add more Water", which does significantly increase water during most wash cycles. It does NOT increase water during rinses, but an Option is 'Fresh Rinse", which add an addt'l. rinse. I think the BEST feature is the washer's 'Shrink Guard' Option.....after the final spin, the drum tumbles in both directions for 10!! mins. Clothes, sheets, towels are left fluffed, untangled, not plastered tight around the wash drum. Clothes dry faster, with fewer wrinkles....and there is no need to have to manually shake & untangle each item, before putting in the dryer!! The Wave Touch dryer also offers Reverse Tumble, Wrinkle Prevent and Shrink Guard. Highly recommended!!! :)

o

Thanks! I keep reading the different sites with reviews. It seems that every brand has their issues, and each brand has has machines that die right after their warranty has expired which is kind of scary.

I think the LG that is 5.2 ft. Is very interesting. I would love not to have to do so much laundry!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here