Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fastonetime

Electrolux WaveTouch EWFLS70J Photos (Add more water)

fastonetime
11 years ago

Hi there, i was messing around taking photos of my wonderful machine and i thought i'd post a few. Taken with my camera phone, so they may not be the best quality!

This machine has given me non stop performance for the past 6 months, no issues at all, takes great care of my clothes, and i also love the 15 minute fast wash cycle for small loads!

The photo doesnt do the color justice at all!

Here is the "add more water" option many of you were asking about, i was washing my daughters barbie doll "that she left outside for weeks" and i paused the cycle to show you all how much more water you get with the "add more water" option. (not all cycles can have add more water option, like santize and fast wash)

The tub is filled to the rim with water!

Just thought i'd add the lcd screen of the "washing" cycle, cute!

Comments (18)

• mark40511
    11 years ago

I appreciate you doing this very much. I've always wanted to see how much water was actually in the "add more water" option.

Geez, My 2005 Duet uses about that much in normal, heavy duty, and whitest whites. Perhaps because it's older. Then again, the drum in mine is tilted. This looks like a non-tilted drum , which I would actually prefer.

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your very welcome! I'm glad i am some sort of help on here ;O) The drum is tilted a bit, not too much though.

• sparky823
    11 years ago

Like your machine!! I know you are SO glad you went with this instead of getting another top load Kenmore(LG Made) since they seem to be exploding. Didn't part of yours break also, can't remember for sure what it was exactly.

Maybe this one will last you for several years with no problems!

• drewem
    11 years ago

What color is that? Its beautiful!

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi there Drew, its turquoise sky, its actually darker than the online photos, well in my dimmy lit garage it is! But i love green and i love the sparkle it has!

@Sparky, my Kenmore Elite TL, has broke a spring and damaged itself. Sears said my comforter was too big (even though it fit perfect)and threw the tub up and the spring off the plastic hinge. Thus damaging itself. Much happier with my LUX!

• drewem
    11 years ago

Thanks!

• gates1
    11 years ago

can you tell all of us what cycles the heater works on?

• georgect
    11 years ago

The heater works on every cycle.
    The heater will kick in if the temp. for which ever cycle (and temp. you choose) falls below a preset temp.

• asolo
    11 years ago

Can you tell us what the various cycle-temps are?

You seem to be saying you can CHOOSE temperatures separately from the cycle with this machine....is that correct?

• georgect
    11 years ago

Although the user manual does not state the temps. for each cycle/temperature, it does state what temps you can use for each cycle.
    Maybe Chris Polk and tell us the temperatures for cycles.

On page 26, is the chart of cycles and temperatures you can choose from...

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Manual

• gates1
    11 years ago

Nice to know the heater works in all cycles, not just two of them. This will be my next washer for sure

• asolo
    11 years ago

Thanks for the link to the manual. However, I am disappointed for the same reason I'm disappointed with ALL of them: They will NOT tell you what they mean by "hot", "warm", "cold" or, in this case, "eco hot", eco warm", and "eco cold". They won't even tell you what the words they invented actually mean.

This would, indeed, be a fine time for Mr. Polk to make an appearance. I am so weary of this kind of non-disclosure!

• whirlpool_trainee
    11 years ago

Try this link. It's an older service manual for the EIFL 55 and 65 washers. If you're using Firefox, turn the AdBlock add-on off or it won't download. After ten or so seconds, a Get Manual link will appear under the manual preview. Let me know if it works.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: http://elektrotanya.com/

• asolo
    11 years ago

Don't understand how information in a manual for an older machine would be of any help at all in understanding the operation of this one -- especially with regard to temperatures available (or not) for selection. Have I misunderstood?

• whirlpool_trainee
    11 years ago

asolo, I suppose even an old service manual is better than none. Most manufacturers don't do a complete overhaul when updating their line. When Whirlpool "facelifted" the Duets, the bulletin said that 95% or so of the parts were interchangable between old and new units.

The numbers quoted by Chris are identical to the ones from the manual. It's nice to see that Hot is 131F. However, the manual for the EIFL55 says Hot is the default for Whites. Well, washerdryerinfo.com measured only 103F on a Hot Whites wash. Hm... Either the service manual is a little optimistic or the institute changed the settings. Same with the Frigidaire they tested: preset to Hot on Whites Whites but peaked at 104F.

Anyway, what I'd like to see are more detailed cycle descriptions - like Miele does it in Europe. But I'm sure that ain't gonna happen, since most people don't even touch the manual these days...

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.washerdryerinfo.com/content/Electrolux-EIFLS55IIW-Washing-Machine-Review/Efficiency.htm

• suburbanmd
    11 years ago

One more question: What's the G force at maximum spin speed :-)

• georgect
    11 years ago

I'm really afraid the newer Energy Star guidelines for front load washer water usage will be impossible to meet without a huge sacrifice in cleaning and rinsing.
    Front loaders are already energy efficient and the "HE" types even more so but to take efficiency even further...I think we're moving backwards.

• dave1812
    11 years ago

trillium, how many ounces of detergent are u using? what brand? what, if any additives? You really shouldn't have to resort to pouring in extra water and running another cycle to get clothes reasonably well rinsed. On my Samsung, I always choose extra rinse and as long as one doesn't go overboard with detergent, it rinses OK with the three rinses given using the "extra rinse" feature.