Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Classic Downy April Fresh scent all thru the house :)

Posted by larsi (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 21:05

One cap of my favourite GAIN Sweet Sizzle scent booster pellets in my Yankee Candle wax melts warming dish....and my whole house has a faint, soft smell of my childhood! I go thru a bottle of Sweet Sizzle each week! Love it! Sadly, I do not think P&G is going to return Downy April Fresh to it's original glory, so I just keep using Sweet Sizzle and Downy unscented. Smells 99% like the old Downy!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Classic Downy April Fresh scent all thru the house :)

That's interesting.. I never thought about trying that. I wonder if it would work in Scentsy burners?... I just don't understand why they had to "mess" with the April Fresh scent... every time I go to the store I smell it and think why bother?..... I switched to going between Mountain Fresh and Clean Breeze. I wonder why they don't make the dryer sheets in the Mountain Fresh scent?.....

o

Downy still, oddly, makes the April Fresh Downy dryer sheets...that still smell like the classic April Fresh we all miss and love. I do not use dryer sheets, as Miele recommends against their use (and they make my lint tray hard to clean and kind of gummy). I hate to admit, but once in a while I do throw an April Fresh Downy dryer sheet in a load of towels being dried....it smells so good. Usually though, I just use them around the house, in drawers, under linens....and they smell so good.

I have no idea why P&G does not make Mountain Fresh dryer sheets! I have no idea why P&G does half of what they do.....LOL

o

Gain sweet sizzle stinks, smells nothing like the old fashion downy. I did a load of clothes with it, threw it out and rewashed them to get the bug spray stinch out of them

o

@ gates1....Really?? Even read the online reviews for Gain Sweet Sizzle, and there are a lot of folks that are commenting how much it smells, exactly like, the original April Fresh Downy liquid softener (not in the container, but after clothes have been dried).

What smells 100% EXACTLY like the old original, classic April Fresh Downy.....put 1-2 caps of Gain Sweet Sizzle into a medium sized bottle of Downy unscented softener. Shake well, and let them dissolve for a day. Then use! Classic April Fresh Downy!!!! Really!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here