Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordering from US Appliance??? (cross post w Appliance Forum)

Posted by grandmapat46 (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 19:25

I usually lurk and have learned a lot. I would really appreciate your opinions. Our 5 yr. old GE FL needs to be replaced. The problems began a month after the extended warrantee ran out. I have read the messages on this forum, spoken to others and have decided to place an order for a Speed Queen AWN542 TL washer and wonder if any of you have had any experience ordering online with US Appliance.com? Unfortunately, none of the stores close to me carry SQ. Other dealer recommendations would also be appreciated if this turns out not to be the best source.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordering from US Appliance??? (cross post w Appliance Forum)

Have you checked on Speed Queen's website to locate a dealer nearby? It might also be benneficial to make sure there is an authorized servicer in your area as well.

MRB

Here is a link that might be useful: Speed Queen

o

Yes, I have checked their website for local dealers and we have none. There is authorized service in the area. I called this am and placed an order for the TL after hearing of good experiences with US Appliance. Thanks for your response.

o

I ordered From them over a year ago. Everything was fine, took about a month. Only thing I didn't like was that they didn't offer an evxtended warranty for customers in every state, Califonia was one of those excluded states. Got a warranty from Miele directly which was probably better anyhow.

o

I can't speak for washing machines per se, but we recently ordered a GE Cafe stove for my MIL 40th wedding anniversary, and since they live 3 hrs north of us, we ordered online with Appliancesconnection since they deliver.

GREAT customer service, would definitely order from them again. We also got free shipping, and price shopped locally and their price couldn't be beat.

Good luck!

o

Cross post on Appliance Forum.
I thought I would follow up and let you know of my good experience with US Appliance. The salesman was helpful and polite and the order came within two weeks (had been told possibly three). Unfortunately, the washer was dented. I called and there were no problems at all with a return and reship. The reship was also delivered promptly. I would definitely order from them again. Oh, I am extremely happy with my new Speed Queen TL washing machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here