Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Questions for Speed Queen owners

Posted by puzzlefan (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 19:21

With so few choices for a washer that would actually use totally hot water when I wanted it, I chose a Speed Queen. So far I am disappointed and I was wondering if my washer is a bit a fault or my too high expectations. It only fills two thirds with water even though I choose extra large. Is this normal? The spin cycle is wimpy so I have to do two spin cycles to get more moisture out of the clothes than the old Kenmore I was using on a temporary basis. Again is this normal? I know I was spoiled by my FP which really semi dried things but I was still expecting a bit more than I am getting. Any input appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Questions for Speed Queen owners

Water levels on some deep-fill agitator toploaders have been dropping in an attempt to garner some water effiency. You can try manually adding more water by holding the water level control at Reset (if it has a Reset), or by holding it between positions if not.

IIRC, Speed Queen spin is 710 RPM. An "old" Kenmore (assuming direct-drive, not belt-drive) is 640 RPM. Your F&P was 1010 RPM.

You are aware that there are a couple workarounds to get a full hot fill on F&P machines, yes?

o

Why do you need it to fill above 2\3? If you have to spin the clothes dry twice as you indicate one would assume they are getting wet.

o

We are pleased with our Speed Queen AWN432. Ours fills about 3/4 full; you can increase the water level using the link below, but we have not found it necessary to do so.

We are finding that the clothes are not spun as dry as with our HE machine, but as a plus, there are far fewer wrinkles. Have also not noticed any increase in drying time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Increase water level on Speed Queen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here