Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
front load washers and clorox 2

Posted by corinnab (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 08 at 18:48

I'm wondering if anyone uses clorox 2 in a front load washer and if so, how is this done? I'd appreciate any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: front load washers and Clorox 2

I use Clorox 2 in my FL washer, I just throw it in with the powdered detergent, since mine has no special place for detergent, only for liquid bleach and fabric softener, neither of which I use. Seems to work well. I use the same amount that I used with my TL washer.

My daughter's FL washer (not stacked) does have a place for detergent and bleach in the top, so I put both in there when I am visiting and do laundry.

o
RE: front load washers and clorox 2

Clorox 2 also comes in liquid form, I use it all the time and have no problems.

I'd beware of the powdered if I were you - it's one more thing to jam up the works on a FLW, as if there aren't already enough other things. :)

o

Thanks for the replies. I am new at front-load washing and was a little afraid to put the clorox 2 in with the detergent, but I'll give it a shot. I use liquid detergent and also liquid clorox 2, so hopefully no problems there.

o

I doubt powdered detergents "jam up the works" on frontloaders. There were powdered detergents used with frontloaders for many years before liquids became common. Liquids sometimes contain alcohol which can cause seals and gaskets to dry-out over the long-term.

o

I'm not sure what type of washer you have, but I have a Frigidaire Affinity. My owners manual says to add color safe bleach with the detergent in the detergent dispenser if you have one. If you use liquid detergent then use the liquid clorox 2 HE. If you use powdered detergent then use the powdered clorox 2 HE. Mixing liquids and powders can cause a lot of gunky build up and clog your lines that flush the detergents into the washer. If you have no choice but to use a liquid with a powder due to product availability then dilute/melt whatever powder it is in water first before adding. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here