Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry room sink

Posted by crl_ (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 18:36

Hi,

We have a small laundry room adjacent to a small kitchen. We are planning a kitchen remodel in 2015 and considering remodeling the laundry room at the same time.

Our laundry room does not currently have a laundry sink and I would really like to add one. It would be useful for cleaning up muddy shoes, soaking baseball pants, and the like.

Both the space and the budget are small. I'm thinking stainless steel might be the best material since I'd like to be able to soak stuff in oxiclean or bleach. My googling turned up some utility sinks from restaurant supply places. I'd prefer something that didn't limit my faucet selection the way the ones I have found do (stainless backsplash with predrilled holes). But I'm not coming up with anything as deep at a low price point so this might be the best option.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Stainless steel utility sink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry room sink

I think that is a great looking sink. Have you looked at just installing a very functional wall mounted Chicago Faucet or Wolverine Faucet? They make the type that fit in these sinks and they are very well regarded faucets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicago Faucet 8

o

Thanks enduring! I would like to find a faucet with a sprayer of some kind. It seems like that would make cleaning muddy stuff, the sink itself, etc easier. I will check out your suggestions.

o

Here is mine: 20"x20"x8"deep. Last night I soaked 2 youth XL and 1 adult XL pants in it in oxy-clean (like minds, lol!). Sorry no picture, but all pants fit with waterline ~4" from top. Mine is a no-name, but pretty sure 18 ga and was $76. It did, however, restrict faucet selection as it came with 3 holes... we just used the escruteon (sp?) plate on the Delta Savile (which we knew we liked from our kitchen reno).

I had looked at bigger, deeper sinks, but honestly am glad I went with what I did. It's big and deep enough, but still gives me a smidge of counter room (installed on a 58" run)

20x20x8d sink with Delta Savile pull-down photo 100_3354_zpse0571c89.jpg

Full view; "room" (if it qualifies as such!) is TINY:
Full view new laundry room photo laundryafter4_zps8e50603a.jpg

**edited to add the word "pants" as I soaked pants, not ball players!**

This post was edited by Co-Co on Wed, May 14, 14 at 22:12

o

Co-Co great sink and looks perfect in that area.

o

Thank you! I really appreciate the information and pictures! I'm trying to decide if I want a countertop over my machines. It seems like it would be useful for stopping things from falling behind, if nothing else, but I'm not sure how much it complicates accessing the turn-offs, etc in case of repairs. And it would sort of limit me to my current size of machines. . . .

o

Something to note, I got a cheap stainless sink and regret it because it looks awful all the time. I got it at home depot $100 Elkay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here