Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have washer drain pan?

Posted by ilovetn (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 08 at 18:22

We have just finished installing red oak floors, including our laundry closet off the kitchen. We purchased a drain pan so that leaks, or floods, could drain into the basement floor drains. I'm wondering if this pan will do the job, look tacky, be in the way, etc? Any opinions?

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have washer drain pan?

a wet oak floor would look tacky...

o

When I'm king, any appliance that uses water will have a drain beneath it. Pan, second-best....at least some fallback. They all leak sooner or later. ALL!

o

Whether it looks tacky and is in the way depends on the pan you purchased and how it's installed.

Want it to look real good you can spend the money and have a tiled enclosure built with a drain.

We put in a Mustee Durapan with a removable front dam. The repair guy who was at our house thought it was great as the cheap plastic pans can easily get crushed when trying to move a 200 to 300 lb appliance in place or out for repair.

o

When I'm king, any appliance that uses water will have a drain beneath it.
Asolo, I pronounce you King! Hey, I went to look under our washer, and there is still no pan!

o

Ours looks fine--it was fabricated out of sheet metal and has about a 2" lip. Probably prefer not to have it for aesthetics, but it's pretty small and barely noticeable. And certainly good protection against the worst.

o

I found a drain pan that actually looks good. Bought a stainless steel pan from Killarney Metals (with link). Put it under my Whirlpool Duet and it kind of enhances my laundry room. Does take some additional room but the protection is worth it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Killarney Metals Whirlpool Drain Pan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here