Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abctate_gw

Laundry room pics

abctate
11 years ago

We recently redid our laundry room. It was an add on to the house along with a garage. The cubbies have been great. Each one has its own plug in so the kids can charge ipods, phones, etc. The sorting baskets and hanging rod have been even better than I imagined.

Comments (18)

• oregpsnow
    11 years ago

VERY COOL!! I am so envious. Your laundry room is about the same size as my kitchen - maybe larger - and my stacked W/D is in the kitchen. Very nice layout - functional and good looking. The kids have no excuse for being untidy now.

• catlover5
    11 years ago

This is much nicer than my kitchen (and larger too!)

• mark40511
    11 years ago

Very cool! Love it.

I've never understood how to upload pictures in these posts. I've tried and it never works.

• fahrenheit_451
    11 years ago

Nice, and I like how you addressed the washer and dryer electrical/water hookups although the units are on pedestals; access is always an issue.

• wildchild
    11 years ago

Love it. Your washer wall is quite similar to my plan for our laundry.

Question:
    I was wondering about having the sink right at the corner. Do you have any issues with it being right next to a wall? I keep going back and forth on whether to give up some of the continuous counter between sink and washer by placing a cab before the sink.

• abctate
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Actually I like it there. It is right around the corner from the garage and so it gets used alot. Also If I wash anything like a pot or something I always lay things out to dry on my right side. I really like having a bit of counter space there.

• wildchild
    11 years ago

Thank you for answering. It's helpful to know.

• muskokascp
    11 years ago

Nice functional space. You have incorporated many features we are looking at as well. The cubbies, the clothes bar and space for hampers. We are going to include pull out hampers for dirty clothes and open shelving for folded clean laundry. Now we just need to nail down the dimensions and get going! Would you mind sharing the dimensions of the cubbies?

This one room helps organize the house , well done!

• abctate
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry it took meso longto get back. The cubbies are about 22" wide. The seat is about 17" from the floor. We wanted it to act as a seat for the kids to put on their shoes and a shelf. The small space is 7 " and is made for wallets, small stuff. EAch cubby has its own plug in for ipods, phones etc.

• kfhl
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing! I am working on a new build and I love to see what others have done. It looks like a great, super functional space.

• ccintx
    11 years ago

Great ideas. Love the big sink, and the sorting area. What is the wall color? Really nice room.

• dilly_ny
    11 years ago

Thanks for the great idea Abctate! I used your double decker laundry counter plan in my laundry room and I am loving it! Great idea.

• cbreeze
    11 years ago

Love your laundry room. Can you give me the dimensions of the room so I have an idea how big the space is to accommodate all your features.

• susanmiller696
    11 years ago

Really nice room, you have utilized the area and space in a very appropriate manner. Very neat and very clean.

• abctate
    Original Author
    11 years ago

the room is 16.5 x 9. On the same wall as the cubbies we have a fireplace chimney so we could only use part of that wall. What you don't see is one single cubby for hubby and I to share and a storage closet with a bi-fold door.

Thanks for all the comments! We love the space. I did lots of research before hand. I just had the w/d in an unfinished basement before this. yucky! This is heaven! Our first day moved in hubby and I sat in the cuubies with a beer and watched the washing machine spin. LOL

• aloha2009
    11 years ago

Another sink question. What brand, size?

Do you have trouble reaching the upper cabinets above the washer and dryer?

We were going to do a version of your 6 laundry bins. We were going to buy IKEA shells but see you chose to put an additional countertop in. Can you explain your reasoning and how it's working for you to have a shelf instead of cubbies?

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Thanks, abc! I'm starting to design a laundry room now and I really appreciate the visual instruction. I wish there were a finished laundry room blog as in kitchens!

• rikerk
    11 years ago

I really love your laundry room. I have a question in regards to your double counter for the laundry baskets. I am curious how you constructed them. Is it just 2 counters and side panels on the sides with some sort of support under the counter? Any chance you can take an upclose photo of that area. My laundry room is my next project now that the kitchen is completed