Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry room pics

Posted by abctate (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 17:22

We recently redid our laundry room. It was an add on to the house along with a garage. The cubbies have been great. Each one has its own plug in so the kids can charge ipods, phones, etc. The sorting baskets and hanging rod have been even better than I imagined.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry room pics

VERY COOL!! I am so envious. Your laundry room is about the same size as my kitchen - maybe larger - and my stacked W/D is in the kitchen. Very nice layout - functional and good looking. The kids have no excuse for being untidy now.

o

This is much nicer than my kitchen (and larger too!)

o

Very cool! Love it.

I've never understood how to upload pictures in these posts. I've tried and it never works.

o

Nice, and I like how you addressed the washer and dryer electrical/water hookups although the units are on pedestals; access is always an issue.

o

Love it. Your washer wall is quite similar to my plan for our laundry.

Question:
I was wondering about having the sink right at the corner. Do you have any issues with it being right next to a wall? I keep going back and forth on whether to give up some of the continuous counter between sink and washer by placing a cab before the sink.

o

Actually I like it there. It is right around the corner from the garage and so it gets used alot. Also If I wash anything like a pot or something I always lay things out to dry on my right side. I really like having a bit of counter space there.

o

Thank you for answering. It's helpful to know.

o

Nice functional space. You have incorporated many features we are looking at as well. The cubbies, the clothes bar and space for hampers. We are going to include pull out hampers for dirty clothes and open shelving for folded clean laundry. Now we just need to nail down the dimensions and get going! Would you mind sharing the dimensions of the cubbies?

This one room helps organize the house , well done!

o

Sorry it took meso longto get back. The cubbies are about 22" wide. The seat is about 17" from the floor. We wanted it to act as a seat for the kids to put on their shoes and a shelf. The small space is 7 " and is made for wallets, small stuff. EAch cubby has its own plug in for ipods, phones etc.

o

Thanks so much for sharing! I am working on a new build and I love to see what others have done. It looks like a great, super functional space.

o

Great ideas. Love the big sink, and the sorting area. What is the wall color? Really nice room.

o

Thanks for the great idea Abctate! I used your double decker laundry counter plan in my laundry room and I am loving it! Great idea.

o

Love your laundry room. Can you give me the dimensions of the room so I have an idea how big the space is to accommodate all your features.

o

Really nice room, you have utilized the area and space in a very appropriate manner. Very neat and very clean.

o

the room is 16.5 x 9. On the same wall as the cubbies we have a fireplace chimney so we could only use part of that wall. What you don't see is one single cubby for hubby and I to share and a storage closet with a bi-fold door.

Thanks for all the comments! We love the space. I did lots of research before hand. I just had the w/d in an unfinished basement before this. yucky! This is heaven! Our first day moved in hubby and I sat in the cuubies with a beer and watched the washing machine spin. LOL

o

Another sink question. What brand, size?

Do you have trouble reaching the upper cabinets above the washer and dryer?

We were going to do a version of your 6 laundry bins. We were going to buy IKEA shells but see you chose to put an additional countertop in. Can you explain your reasoning and how it's working for you to have a shelf instead of cubbies?

o

Thanks, abc! I'm starting to design a laundry room now and I really appreciate the visual instruction. I wish there were a finished laundry room blog as in kitchens!

o

I really love your laundry room. I have a question in regards to your double counter for the laundry baskets. I am curious how you constructed them. Is it just 2 counters and side panels on the sides with some sort of support under the counter? Any chance you can take an upclose photo of that area. My laundry room is my next project now that the kitchen is completed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here