Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gray residue when washing pillows?

Posted by izeve (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 17:18

I washed two king size polyester filled pillows in my LG FL (4.2 ft) this past weekend and when the cycle finished, the entire rubber seal around the washer door as well the glass on the door were covered in strange gray residue. It was the same color as the rubber seal and looked like tiny uniform gray particles suspended in water(not slimey). Some of it rubbed off on the surface of the pillows but came off easily leaving no trace and the pillows were clean otherwise. I washed the pillows on Bulky/Hot/Extra Rinse/Water Plus using Green Works liquid detergent.

I wiped the seal and the glass door very carefully before my next wash and the residue did not reappear (I ran 4 or 5 washes after that at different temps from Warm to Sanitary, using either Vaska or Dixan).

Any idea what this residue could have been???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gray residue when washing pillows?

Your pillows may have rubbed against the rubber gasket while spinning, creating small rubber shavings that might resemble residue.

o
RE: Gray residue when washing pillows?

sshrivastava, you may be right although I thought about that when I saw the residue and inspected the rubber seal as well as the pillows - there was no visible or detectable damage anywhere. I guess if it happens again I will call for service. I washed another load last night and for now things seem to be fine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here