Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with a new washer!

Posted by newkitchen10 (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 17:10

I need a machine and am lost as to what to purchase. I purchased a GE FL model WCVH6800 two years ago and have been very unhappy with it from the start. Not only did the machine constantly smell even though I consistently left the door opened, cleaned the pump and basket regularly and washed it out with bleach quite often but the machine was ridiculously slow! Then after one year the shocks went on the machine and now the bearings are gone and the warranty company is giving me back the full purchase price to go buy a new machine.

I would really appreciate some help- if you have anything to add about a good or bad machine please let me know. I am not even sure whether of not to get a TL or FL- I am leaning toward a TL only because the GE was such a nightmare. I have three children who are away at school but when they are home we have a lot of laundry. Thanks so much!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with a new washer!

I'm interested to know too! I'm more interested in a good TL though, for the same reasons you mentioned.

o
RE: Help with a new washer!

I'd go back to TL's the day I decide to go back to black and white television. Don't let a lousy washer sour you on FL's. My FL smells fine after 6 months. I dry the gasket and upend the soap dispenser to remove excess water. My Samsung gets clothes so much cleaner than our top loader, and it uses a heck of a lot less soap and water. Also, a FL dries the clothes more during final spin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here