Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Stain

Posted by Kim3579 (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 14 at 16:21

Hi all! For several years I've had this 1/2-1 inch streak appear on clothing. It's always a streak, never a spot. I don't know if it's coming from the washer or dryer. Have done the obvious searching for rust spots in the washer but can't see any, and can't identify anything suspicious in the dryer, either. It looks like rust, however, nothing I've tried even fades it let alone removes it. Clorox, rust remover products, etc. So two questions.... Where is this coming from? And what else to try to remove it? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Stain

(if it is rust) Chlorine bleach must not be used on rust, it sets the stain.

o

My dryer did the same thing. Sometimes OxyClean stain remover took it out. You had to spray it on generously and let it sit overnight. Make sure to keep the fabric damp. Sometimes it took more than one try.

o

I've had this, and I decided it was a scorch mark from the fabric getting held against the hot dryer side longer than it ordinarily would during the tumbling action. Maybe it gets caught on something and held there just long enough to discolor from the heat? When I've had these, they do fade over time, but don't come out with stain removers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here